In the midst of all the mayhem, Colossians 3 keeps coming to mind reminding me to set my mind on things above. I’ve been thinking how important it is to remember that as believers in Christ, we really are strangers here. And if this world is feeling less and less like home, that’s because it’s not our home, which I’m really glad about because currently it is full of unpleasantries.
As a believer in Christ, there are so many things to look forward to regarding the afterlife – so many pleasant things, all beyond our comprehension in our fallen state. But here’s a few to lift your spirits as you continue to battle here in this sinful world where so much madness and sin abounds.
- No more sin. That’s right. Every evil and unholy thing will be done away with, and evil doers will be righteously and justly judged. No more bad news. No more wondering what wild, unthinkable thing is going to show up next, or whether upcoming changes in our lives will make things more painful and difficult for us or our loved ones. No more battling the sin in our own lives. Just think….no more irritability, anxiety, or negative thoughts. For those sins, along with the root sins of selfishness, pride, and unbelief will be extinguished for good!
- A new body with which to experience a new heaven and a new earth. In full energy and with great gusto, we will rule over the new creation. We will have places to go, people to see, and things to do in a perfect, untainted place, unaffected by thistles, thorns, and weeds, where unimaginable beauty abounds! I can not wait for a new and perfectly healthy body where I don’t have to think about my age, and where my energy levels (aka spoons) never run out! 🙂 It will be truly glorious!
- No more pain – either physical ailments or the aches of the depths of our hearts for loved ones we are separated from due to distance, damaged relationships, or death. No more heavy hearts or aching bodies bringing grief, tears, pain, and sadness along with them.
- The reunion of the saints. This is especially meaningful to me to think of being with all of you, my brothers and sisters in Christ, for all eternity! I miss so many wonderful friends and family from my past with whom I have shared many fantastic and precious memories. So thankful we get to look forward to that glorious reunion with each other and so many of the great and inspirational heroes of the faith. I truly long for that day.
- And finally, to be in the presence of our great God continually with no sin to interfere. To see Him and know Him in a more intimate way without any barriers. To worship Him with completely pure hearts and motives. Something we can only dream of here on earth.
So, in these difficult and worrisome days, hold on to this hope, for it is sure, my brothers and sisters! If you are in Christ, you have Him, the great treasure of all time and He’s got you! The best is truly yet to come! No matter what happens in this life, we do not have reason to fear, for we have the greatest treasure of all time and it can not be taken from us!
Rejoice my friends, that these “light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” (II Corinthians 4:17)
Big air hug!!! Keep looking up! 🙂
PS. If for any reason you don’t have this hope or have questions regarding salvation, please don’t wait another day. Reach out to myself or someone around you who you know has this hope and give them the privilege of sharing Christ with you. He truly is our only hope in life and death.