I know it’s not Friday, but since I don’t have a blog called Sunday Afternoon Fika, this will have to do.
I was just amusing myself thinking of all the things you will never hear a stay-at-home mom say when her head hits the pillow at night. And I thought you might enjoy a little amusement as well.
1) I really aced it today!
2) What ever will I do with all this left over energy?
3) I really have way too much time on my hands.
4) I feel guilty about all the quiet time I’m getting.
5) I love the feeling of cleaning up after people. All. Day. Long.
6) My children are just so well behaved.
7) I think now would be a good time to go off of caffeine.
8) I love how easy it is to keep my home organized. And my life.
9) I think all this encouragement I am getting is going to go to my head.
10) I never knew parenting would be so easy.
My daughter informed me this morning that the cost for hiring a stay-at-home mom is figured to be about $162,000 a year. So, my fellow stay-at-home mamas, you do a LOT. And you are worth a lot. With enough money, you might could hire someone to do the work you do, but YOU yourself can never be replaced. God chose you out of all the mommies in the world to parent your kids. And God doesn’t make mistakes!
Enjoy some Sunday afternoon fika and rejoice in those little stinkers God gave you. They need you and you need them. But you also need encouragement, and that’s why I wrote this post and why I have a giveaway to go with it! 🙂
Mother’s Day hugs to you all!